1.0 Welcome Video
Watch Marsida Horeshka’s (@Mars) short welcome video [41 secs) to help you get ready for this PDG Exchange session.
2.0 Pre-course tasks
Below are 3 very short tasks to dip into – if you get a chance – before the session which takes place on Tuesday 30 March 4:00 – 6:00pm.
- Have a quick scan at the four strands of the Education and Training Foundation’s Centres for Excellence in Maths programme. Scroll down to have a look at the four features that work in mastery should consider – image below as well for ease:
- Have a read of this blog – Fluency, Reasoning and Problem Solving: What This Looks Like In Every Maths Lesson
- Finally, what shape (literally!) do your lessons have? If you could represent your lessons through a shape, what would that be?
For me that is a vase, with the wider areas representing the variety in tasks available to learners. Think about this before you come to the session.
3. Resources from the day
- Scheme of work Example
- Scheme of work Template
- Session 8 Standard Form and Rounding and Estimation GCSE
- Session 10 Decimals E3
- Session Plan Template
- For resources to use with learners from Entry 1 to GCSE, the team at touchconsulting also highly recommend the Maths Made Memorable website created by @Mars